For or against? (Enclosure questions)

PuppetHands

So i've been hearing different things from different people so i'd love to see what everyone says. Keep in mind this is my first time owning a chameleon, but i have been doing a lot of research and getting my last final bits of knowledge from professionals such as yourself before i commit to anything specific.

Glass or Mesh terrariums?

Waterfall or no waterfall (I heard it causes bacteria)?

Which type of plant (umbrella? or other)?

Small or Large cage? (for a baby but is there any way to make a large cage smaller then take out the barrier for when he's older & how)?

Drainage.. how to set up a drainage system so it doesn't collect at the bottom of the cage?

and one more (sorry) I don't want the cage to be cluttered so should i keep the bottom free of debris or set up a pretty "natural" habitat. They're arboreal so they mainly will stay in their tree so is it necessary to "jazz" up the place... and if so what should i put in there that won't harm the little guy (or girl)

So i've been hearing different things from different people so i'd love to see what everyone says. Keep in mind this is my first time owning a chameleon, but i have been doing a lot of research and getting my last final bits of knowledge from professionals such as yourself before i commit to anything specific.

Glass or Mesh terrariums? we mainly use mesh, unless you live somwhere where it gets cold and dry

Waterfall or no waterfall (I heard it causes bacteria)?NO WATERFALL. it does cause bacteria, and chams dont drinking running/standing water

Which type of plant (umbrella? or other)?umbrella, pothos, devils ivy, hibiscus.. whatever is on the safe plant list

Small or Large cage? (for a baby but is there any way to make a large cage smaller then take out the barrier for when he's older & how)?large is better, and you can put a barrier in, or put a small table in to prop plants up to top of cage.

Drainage.. how to set up a drainage system so it doesn't collect at the bottom of the cage? most drill holes in the bottom and place a bin underneath to catch water.

and one more (sorry) I don't want the cage to be cluttered so should i keep the bottom free of debris or set up a pretty "natural" habitat. They're arboreal so they mainly will stay in their tree so is it necessary to "jazz" up the place... and if so what should i put in there that won't harm the little guy nothing on floor.. any substrate can be ingested and cause impaction(or girl)

welcome! il add my comments in red

Back
Top Bottom