Found Chameleon penis fell out

SalvoSanta

So I recently found a chameleon I’ve had him for about a week now he had two sharp penis extrusions sticking out of his sack. I thought they got dried up from the heating element I have in the cage, so I put some Vaseline on it. They never retracted and this morning I found one on the floor And saw that it wasn’t attached so I gently pulled on the other one and it came out. Did his penises shrivel up and die from the heating element or is this a sperm plug?

Attachments

• IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5602.jpeg
    IMG_5602.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5637.jpeg
    IMG_5637.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3
For future reference…if any pink moist “parts” protrude from the back end of a chameleon…do NOT use Vaseline…use KY jelly.

It would be a good idea to have a good chameleon vet check him out. You will want to watch to make sure no fungal infection has set in in that area.

So I recently found a chameleon I’ve had him for about a week now he had two sharp penis extrusions sticking out of his sack. I thought they got dried up from the heating element I have in the cage, so I put some Vaseline on it. They never retracted and this morning I found one on the floor And saw that it wasn’t attached so I gently pulled on the other one and it came out. Did his penises shrivel up and die from the heating element or is this a sperm plug?
Here is a great post on Hemipeneal plugs. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/hemipeneal-plug-mis-identified.177900/

Back
Top Bottom