free ranging? opinions please!

faithxw

I know I post a lot on here, I'm just new & want to learn absolutely everything I can.. I have 2 1 year old (approx) Female Jackson chams, & would like to know about free ranging? What is it? When can I free range? What's best about free ranging, can I have both girls out at the same time? Can they 'hangout' at my work desk, etc? I'm Learning a lot here, & just want to know as much as I can.. thanks!

I know I post a lot on here, I'm just new & want to learn absolutely everything I can.. I have 2 1 year old (approx) Female Jackson chams, & would like to know about free ranging? What is it? When can I free range? What's best about free ranging, can I have both girls out at the same time? Can they 'hangout' at my work desk, etc? I'm Learning a lot here, & just want to know as much as I can.. thanks!

free ranging is where there is no cage, its not for all chameleons as some do enjoy to roam your house, but if its in your room just keep your door and closset closed when you leave, its pretty much some sort of tree or hanging plants on shelfs with the lights somehow over your free range without the chameleon actually being able to get to it here is a picture of my free ranged before i moved him into his permanent cage
2prsr2b.jpg

as for keeping your pair together it really depends how they are together and the increase in room available as well as different basking spots where they can "get away" from each other some people get lucky, otherwise keeping pairs together isn't advised and the first sign of stress they should be separated
this one was behind my computer desk and my very friendly panther would often visit me to distract me on my desk

Okay, awesome! I would like to do something like this.. I just get worried because they always end up wandering off.. I feel like I could lose them, if I wasn't watching 24 7..

Okay, awesome! I would like to do something like this.. I just get worried because they always end up wandering off.. I feel like I could lose them, if I wasn't watching 24 7..
Cham proof the room I'd build a guard around the door so they can't sneak out and nobody can hit them with the door while entering a room I have seen some cool pics of pothos plants hanging from the ceilings for FR it looked like my dream house.

Back
Top Bottom