Gnat type bugs in cage

Hello all. So I'm not totally sure where to put this but as you may have read there are gnat sized bugs (like 1-3) flying around my Cham's cage. What are these and where are they coming from?

Im just starting to get these as well. Guess i need to lower my misting times. Its set for 4 times, might tone it down to 3

Im just starting to get these as well. Guess i need to lower my misting times. Its set for 4 times, might tone it down to 3

I have tried putting a layer of sand on top of the soil in my plants before putting the rocks on top and this has helped in the past. I don't know if I would reduce misting times due to gnats. I'd be more inclined to just have a few of them flying around rather than risk proper hydration.

I have tried putting a layer of sand on top of the soil in my plants before putting the rocks on top and this has helped in the past. I don't know if I would reduce misting times due to gnats. I'd be more inclined to just have a few of them flying around rather than risk proper hydration.

True, i do have left over sand from having a laying bin, Im going to redo her cage this weekend. The plants in there now are getting rough. She was receptive so i didnt want to change her stuff up to much so she can be comfortable with it when she lays but i had one gnat, now i have two and i have three live plants in there and no fake ones. but all of them the soil is exposed. Never had an issue with my girl eating the soil

I have one or two flying around, they're just gonna be there, I'd rather have my Cham hydrated. I've seen my Cham stare at them

Back
Top Bottom