Going to bed early

susurrus

I have seen my veiled go to sleep about 1.5 hours earlier than the lights went off. I'm on a 9:15-9:15 day schedule. He's only done this twice over the last week. He's not eating much but his hunger strike is over. The vet said he seems fine.

Has anyone else had experiences where their chameleon goes to sleep a little early? He's sleeping at the bottom of the cage, I assume to hide from the light. He normally sleeps at the top of the cage when he goes to bed normally.

I have never seen him sleep at any other times besides about an hour before the lights go off.

Mine does sometimes. Perhaps readjust the lighting schedule to 1.5 hours earlier and see if your cham likes it? What is your lighting? UVB? Basking lamp? Wattage and brand please?

My Cham seems to go to his sleeping spot about 30 mins before the lights go off,but he is always awake i think hes just getting ready for bed.

mista went to bed 2.5 hours early last night.
he had a busy day so i just covered him up.
sometimes he goes the full 12 hours others he doesn't, i'm just guided by what he wants.
i guess like us they have their days when they get extra tired lol

Ocillie goes to bed about 30mins- an hour before lights out normally. i think they know when will kill the lights, and they try to find their safe spot early so they dont have to move around at night when foraging predators come around.

I have a ReptiSun 10.0 for UVB and a 65W incandescent for a basking light. I'm 90 degrees at the basking spot dropping down to about 70 at the bottom.

From what I've read on the forums the 10.0 is a little strong for a 1.5'x1.5'x3' cage, but that's what the previous owners had for him and they never had a problem so I haven't changed it.

I have a ReptiSun 10.0 for UVB and a 65W incandescent for a basking light. I'm 90 degrees at the basking spot dropping down to about 70 at the bottom.

From what I've read on the forums the 10.0 is a little strong for a 1.5'x1.5'x3' cage, but that's what the previous owners had for him and they never had a problem so I haven't changed it.

like i said its pretty normal. they tend to settle in early before complete darkness due to instinct so they dont get gobbled up by a snake, or other foraging creature. you may also notice they hand out more towards the ends of the branches , or something loose to better feel vibrations. now if he is closing one eye during the day ect then you need to try and find out what the problem is

Back
Top Bottom