Grasshopper/locust uvb

We have always kept UVB on our hoppers.

Yeah I’m gonna get a t5 10.0 strip light for them. A 24” for a 36” wide 24” tall exotera I’m getting used from someone. Ima split it in half with some screen and keep feeders on one side and the breeders on the other. What type of uvb do you use? T5 HO 10.0?

Was going to make something but I found this for a good deal comes with thermometers/hydrometers heat mat and looks nice. Also will take up less room having the one enclosure for them. I’ll just have to figure something out for the nymphs when they come. Do you breed them and separate the nymphs from breeders?
We have always kept UVB on our hoppers.

When I breed them I separate lay box for them to hatch in a different enclosure
Cool and the enclosure is the same type? Well ventilated and warm? I’ll have to get something small for the nymphs. Also what type of uvb bulb are you using? I’m wondering if I should get the 10.0 instead of the 5.0 since I would think they bask a lot more than chams

I also use a linear uvb in a reptibreeze. I use plastic containers from the dollar store for the lay bin. After eggs are laid, I remove the egg container to a different reptibreeze and apply heat.

I also use a linear uvb in a reptibreeze. I use plastic containers from the dollar store for the lay bin. After eggs are laid, I remove the egg container to a different reptibreeze and apply heat.
Yeah was just thinking by the time I have eggs hatching I may not have any feeders left so can just use the same enclosure anyways. I’m splitting the exo terra down the middle to have two parts

Back
Top Bottom