Gravid panther female not laying

Hello,
We have a very obviously gravid female that has been looking to lay for the past couple of days.
Yesterday and this morning she was in her bin with a nice hole dug out but didn't lay eggs or cover the hole back up. She's now back in the top of her cage and still very obviously gravid. We know the bin is good because we have the same setup in our other girls' cage, and they lay just fine. Also, we cover the front and sides of her cage, so she has her privacy :) She was mated with our male on September 9th.

My question, should I cover the hole she dug or just leave it and wait to see if she goes back into it? OR ????

Hello,
We have a very obviously gravid female that has been looking to lay for the past couple of days.
Yesterday and this morning she was in her bin with a nice hole dug out but didn't lay eggs or cover the hole back up. She's now back in the top of her cage and still very obviously gravid. We know the bin is good because we have the same setup in our other girls' cage, and they lay just fine. Also, we cover the front and sides of her cage, so she has her privacy :) She was mated with our male on September 9th.

My question, should I cover the hole she dug or just leave it and wait to see if she goes back into it? OR ????
I would leave the hole that she has dug and continue to keep a discrete eye on her. Hopefully she will lay her eggs without problem. What is the size of your lay bin and what is the substrate? Even though your other girl might not have a problem with her bin, this girl might not find it suitable. Can you list some pics of her and her enclosure, including the lay bin? I had one of mine in a bioactive enclosure that also had some potted plants hanging. For several days she dug a bit everywhere, but didn’t proceed with digging/laying. I gave her a lay bin of moist play sand that she tried and also rejected. After a week I was desperate and just put her old giant lay bin squeezed in and she got right to work. Yes, they can be that fussy. If she starts being lethargic, not basking, not eating or drinking and just looking bad, get her to a good vet asap as she might be eggbound.

Back
Top Bottom