Gray skin

maarl

Hi, I noticed this type of skin on my chameleon about a week ago. It worries me because yesterday I noticed that it expanded more. He already had his shedding a month ago, so I don't think it's that. I have touched him there and it doesn't seem to bother him. His temperament remains just as curious and active.

Does anyone know what it could be?

Attachments

• IMG_7160.jpg
    IMG_7160.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7172.jpg
    IMG_7172.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 2
Hi, I’m sorry no one has responded to your comment. Let me tag in some people that maybe can help.
@MissSkittles @Beman @kinyonga
Hi. I did see this earlier and didn’t respond as I honestly have no idea what it is or what level of concern it is, or even if it is a concern. Usually with dark discoloration the first thing to come to mind is bruising, but that is usually much darker, like black. It could possibly be a very light bruise or injury, but I don’t know. The only other culprit that I am aware of would be a fungal infection, but again, I just don’t know. All I can say is to continue to monitor it and if it continues to grow, make a vet visit. In the meantime, if you have any other animals and especially reptiles, make sure to keep all of their equipment separate, wash your hands well before and after handling each and avoid potentially spreading anything between them. Basic precautions should always be taken though regardless of unknown skin changes or anything else. @kinyonga is the one who might have an answer.

So I am not seeing anything that jumps out as concerning. What are your basking temps running? This could be a very minor thermal burn if temps are sitting too high under basking lamp.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I don’t know at this point what it is. You said it’s changing which makes me think you should go to a good exotics vet since it’s been over a week.

Back
Top Bottom