Green Banana Roaches

jenlea

Anyone know where I can get some of the regular sized green banana roaches?
And maybe even some grasshoppers? My guy does not like discoids at all! I figured the green color may entice him. He’ll eat silks, crickets and horns but will not do roaches. He will also do supers but I don’t want that to be a major part of his diet.

@MissSkittles what do you use most for feeders? I did the cut wayyy back on food to see if he would take discoids and he just walks right by and would rather not eat.
I use a variety of crickets, discoids, bsfl, silkworms and recently tried grasshoppers (will be adding them to my staples). For treats, pupated bsf, wax worms, hornworms and superworms. Only one of my chameleons is a fussy eater and won’t touch discoids at all and I haven’t been able to change that. To get one of my other guys used to discoids, I just added one along with his other feeders (he ate it) and kept doing that for a while, then added another until now he pretty much eats everything. I managed to even get my leopard geckos to accept discoids and they can be fussy. For them I held a roach upside down so they could see the wriggling legs for enticement.

I worry he doesn’t get enough verity. He will always eat silks every time no matter what. Is it okay to use mostly silks and crickets? He gets a nice juicy horn with other feeders every other feeding or so. I’m still going to try the green roaches and hoppers. Did you get your hoppers from Kai Phan that you mentioned?

I worry he doesn’t get enough verity. He will always eat silks every time no matter what. Is it okay to use mostly silks and crickets? He gets a nice juicy horn with other feeders every other feeding or so. I’m still going to try the green roaches and hoppers. Did you get your hoppers from Kai Phan that you mentioned?
Silkworms are excellent staple feeders - very nutritious and hydrating. Your chameleon will be fine without eating roaches. lol If you want more variety, let some bsfl and/or wax worms pupate into flying treats. If your chameleon is large enough, you could even let some hornworms pupate into hawk moths for the grand daddy of flying treats. (Moths are huge!).
Yes, I got my hoppers from Kai because every time I went to feed my chameleon, they were sold out. I looked yesterday or the day before there though and they were in stock.

Silkworms are excellent staple feeders - very nutritious and hydrating. Your chameleon will be fine without eating roaches. lol If you want more variety, let some bsfl and/or wax worms pupate into flying treats. If your chameleon is large enough, you could even let some hornworms pupate into hawk moths for the grand daddy of flying treats. (Moths are huge!).
Yes, I got my hoppers from Kai because every time I went to feed my chameleon, they were sold out. I looked yesterday or the day before there though and they were in stock.
What kind of hoppers did you get?

Back
Top Bottom