Gular Edema or Obese?

EVEJ88

46E1DD17-A115-4D1B-A006-884621A2AA14.jpeg I probably freak out too much about Chucky because I lost Dexter ealier this year. I blame myself for his death.
Anyway, I have noticed that Chucky has neck fat. Ive been reading about Gular Edema, and now I’m worried. I feed him every other day, and of course I dust his food. He eats fruits once in a while. Lately, he has been eating hornworms and superworms, so I know he’s not dehydrated.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 141FB1E3-D44C-46F6-A71D-7143311E673C.jpeg
    141FB1E3-D44C-46F6-A71D-7143311E673C.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 66E38734-C40D-4814-AD7A-A87E68CEF0F5.jpeg
    66E38734-C40D-4814-AD7A-A87E68CEF0F5.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 141
Please take what I say with a grain of salt because I am by no means a professional, but to me he looks normal. In fact I wouldn't say he looks particularly chubby either. He has a similar build to my boy.

Im nursing a baby i got back to health who has gular edema. His neck and chest will be filled with fluid. It will look like a bag on his neck and chest that protrudes out quite a bit. Your veiled does not have that look. If it gets worse, stop dusting crickets until it goes away. Worked for me. Another sign to look for is watch the poop colors. Any red in the poop, bad sign. Orange is dehydrated. Should be white and black.

Please take what I say with a grain of salt because I am by no means a professional, but to me he looks normal. In fact I wouldn't say he looks particularly chubby either. He has a similar build to my boy.
Thank you! You should post a pic of your boy!

Im nursing a baby i got back to health who has gular edema. His neck and chest will be filled with fluid. It will look like a bag on his neck and chest that protrudes out quite a bit. Your veiled does not have that look. If it gets worse, stop dusting crickets until it goes away. Worked for me. Another sign to look for is watch the poop colors. Any red in the poop, bad sign. Orange is dehydrated. Should be white and black.
That makes me feel better. His poop looks totally normal.

Here's Mondo right after he climbed out of his shower. Bit of an old photo, but it's the best one that shows his full body. (Sorry it's huge)
IMG_9722.jpg

Heres a pic. Hes getting better. Was way worse and he had red in his poop for a few days. Got him in bad shape. Hes eating again and drinking too. Hes bouncing back slowly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171204-090607.png
    Screenshot_20171204-090607.png
    940.9 KB · Views: 124
Heres a pic. Hes getting better. Was way worse and he had red in his poop for a few days. Got him in bad shape. Hes eating again and drinking too. Hes bouncing back slowly
I’m glad to hear he’s doing better! I can definitely see his neck. Please, keep us updated

He’s a gorgeous boy! He looks big!

He is a big boy. Lately he's been looking really small in his cage, so he's getting a new cage soon.
Thank you for Mondo's compliment. I love the colors on your veiled. Strong yellows, he's got good genes! ^^

Back
Top Bottom