hawk moth dinner!

CryptKeeper

Established Member
So I lost a horned worm a couple weeks ago in my chams enclosure (maybe 2 I don’t remember) and today I saw this Goliath thing inside his enclosure so I started tapping on the cage to make it move. Remind you my Cham hasn’t been eating too much bc he was sick so wasn’t sure he’d go for this but immediately looked and went right for it. I took a pic of the moth put my phone away started tapping and he snapped it up so quickly, here’s some screen shots since I can’t attach a video (or idk how to lol)

Btw I have a lot of pupated moths I’ll try and get it on video if they hatch.

Thinking about throwing them in a plant since this one seemed to do well in there. I have them in a plastic box basically on paper towels covered by a black pillow case.

Attachments

• IMG_3681.jpeg
    IMG_3681.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3689.jpeg
    IMG_3689.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3690.jpeg
    IMG_3690.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3691.jpeg
    IMG_3691.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 7
That’s a great treat for them 👌🏻👌🏻
I have so many I’ve been trying to hatch but they’ve been pupated for like a month lol. Funny thing is the worm I lost wasn’t full grown at all and he grew to this huge moth. I’m in the process of building a screened bioactive cage for him so I’ll be putting the full grown ones right in the substrate I think that’ll help big time for them to hatch to moths. But god do they stink, one died and I was throwing it out and broke the shell I almost puked lol

Back
Top Bottom