help! eyes closed? worried!

thatbemegp

* Cage Type - Screen cage 24x12x26

* Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 18inch 15watt and for basking i use zilla 50 watt day light. i keep them both on from 11am-10pm

* Temperature - Day-75-85. Night-70-75

* Humidity - 50-60% Showers every other day and misting 3 times a day

* Plants - hibiscus and dracaena with fake vines

* Location - On a dresser in my room

* Your Chameleon - Female Veiled chameleon. about 3-4 months old i believe. My first.

* Feeding - Feeding 7 crickets every other day. Monday repto cal. Wed reptivite (vit A). Friday and Sunday just natural crickets

* Watering - I shower,mist and drip. She doesn't really drink from misting or drip but in the shower she does drink.

* Fecal Description - Looks normal, white and brown but seems to be getting smaller

* History - Bought healthy from the pet store

* Current Problem -
I've had my female veiled for about 3 months and for the last week she started to keep her eyes close. I'm not sure if she eating because I'm not around enough to watch. I just switched her plants from ficus to hibiscus and dracaena because I herd that the ficus could leave a sap that could irritate the eyes. I bought some repta rinse for her eyes and it seems to help a little but some days it seems she doesn't move from the spot from where she has awoken from =(

i hope shes ok. I've been trying hard to make her feel better.

Nice to have somebody doing the list rite away :)

* Cage Type - Screen cage 24x12x26

* Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 18inch 15watt and for basking i use zilla 50 watt day light. i keep them both on from 11am-10pm
just as suggestion, try to emulate the real sun light schedule. It's more natural for her.

* Temperature - Day-75-85. Night-70-75
what about the basking temp?

* Humidity - 50-60% Showers every other day and misting 3 times a day
showering every other day seems a bit excessive for me. The handling can get intense right? she probably stressed out.

* Plants - hibiscus and dracaena with fake vines

* Location - On a dresser in my room

* Your Chameleon - Female Veiled chameleon. about 3-4 months old i believe. My first.

* Feeding - Feeding 7 crickets every other day. Monday repto cal. Wed reptivite (vit A). Friday and Sunday just natural crickets

* Watering - I shower,mist and drip. She doesn't really drink from misting or drip but in the shower she does drink.

* Fecal Description - Looks normal, white and brown but seems to be getting smaller

* History - Bought healthy from the pet store

* Current Problem -
I've had my female veiled for about 3 months and for the last week she started to keep her eyes close. I'm not sure if she eating because I'm not around enough to watch. I just switched her plants from ficus to hibiscus and dracaena because I herd that the ficus could leave a sap that could irritate the eyes. I bought some repta rinse for her eyes and it seems to help a little but some days it seems she doesn't move from the spot from where she has awoken from =(

i hope shes ok. I've been trying hard to make her feel better.

in the mean time, try to reduce the shower schedule to once a week.. or only if it absolutely necessary..
and try to follow the sunlight schedule.
What about food? what kind of feeders? Do you gutload?

Well I feed the crickets Zilla cricket food. It says it provides a "super-charge" or carbs, calcium and beneficial calories. Then I have ReptoCal with D3 and Reptivite which has all the vitamins that reptiles need. (has a picture of a jackson chameleon on the front) Plus liquid calcium spray.

Well I feed the crickets Zilla cricket food. It says it provides a "super-charge" or carbs, calcium and beneficial calories. Then I have ReptoCal with D3 and Reptivite which has all the vitamins that reptiles need. (has a picture of a jackson chameleon on the front) Plus liquid calcium spray.

hmm... i never use Zilla Cricket gutload so i am not familiar with the effectiveness. But, as a suggestion, you could try cricketfood.com for dry gutload and provide fresh veggies for your crix (dandelion is the best).

Careful on that reptivite as they contain a preformed vit A. You don't want to overdose your cham with vit A. as far as the calcium spray, is it the one that you spray on the skin? I hate those stuffs.

For a growing baby girl i would be feeding her more than 7 crickets every other day. I know she isn't a baby baby but she is still growing and needs much more than that.

Debby

For a growing baby girl i would be feeding her more than 7 crickets every other day. I know she isn't a baby baby but she is still growing and needs much more than that.

Debby
Hmm. Yeah I could understand that. How much should i give her? Some times she seems to ignor that they're even there. Like she does'nt want to eat

...How much should i give her? Some times she seems to ignor that they're even there. Like she does'nt want to eat
Howdy,

A 3-4 month-old female Veiled will probably eat something like 10 small crickets a day. If you are feeding crickets that are too large for her then she may ignore them. Closing both eyes for a week usually means that there isn't much time left to sort things out before it is too late. A visit to the vet is in order ASAP (tomorrow). Along with photos of her, also post photos of her entire setup.

What part of the world are you located?

Back
Top Bottom