Help please!!

Soffiex

I have had my chameleon Dexter for 5 months now, he's about 9 months old.

His cage temperature is usually around 85/95, but recently it stopped showing the temperature of the cage on the thermometer so I went and bought a digital thermometer and a ceramic heat bulb 100w. It doesn't seem to be working??
It says the temp is 26 degrees Celsius!!! I am so worried he is going to die because it is to cold, and I checked the fuse in the thermostat that controls the temperature to see if it had blow, but it seems ok.... Would the temperature In the room effect the temp of the cage?? Please rly as quick as possible I am so worried for him!! I don't know what else to do..... Is my thermostat broken? Or what! They are pretty expensive to just go buy another one without being sure that's the problem... But if it needs to be done I will, I have a feeling it's to do with the temp of the room he's is as he's by a window and it's pretty cold in there heating is never on.

Should I move him to my bedroom where it's warmer?

Not to worry 28 C is 78.6F. You just need to figure how how to tell your thermometer you want the temps in Fahrenheit.

I assume the ceramic is for night correct? He needs a heat light for daytime. The ceramic does not put out light, just heat. Your cham will not know that is where to go to warm up.

If you have more questions, just ask, I am here.

Back
Top Bottom