Help! Polymer Water Gel Cubes

They are fine but dont ever put any in a chameleon's cage. If a chameleon eats a crystal it can kill them (since they soak up water from the chaneleon's insides and expand.)

They are fine but dont ever put any in a chameleon's cage. If a chameleon eats a crystal it can kill them (since they soak up water from the chaneleon's insides and expand.)
Yup...

I've read a thread where someone's cham died. They decided to cut him open to figure out what was wrong and found a big expanded water crystal in his stomach.

Be careful with those things!

Yup...

I've read a thread where someone's cham died. They decided to cut him open to figure out what was wrong and found a big expanded water crystal in his stomach.

Be careful with those things!

I have had this happen a few years ago and lost a baby panther because of it. Be very careful with the crystals. It happened to me with pinheads. One of the dried crystals was stuck to a toilet paper roll that I tapped into a deli cup since the pinheads collect on the inside of the roll. I dumped the crickets into a feeder cup after dusting not knowing there was a dried up crystal in with the pinheads.

I have had this happen a few years ago and lost a baby panther because of it. Be very careful with the crystals. It happened to me with pinheads. One of the dried crystals was stuck to a toilet paper roll that I tapped into a deli cup since the pinheads collect on the inside of the roll. I dumped the crickets into a feeder cup after dusting not knowing there was a dried up crystal in with the pinheads.
Such a devastating loss...Sorry to hear about that!

Thanks for the heads up though, I plan on getting a baby panther in January so i'll def be cautious with water crystals aswell.

I generally find my bugs don't need them. They get a lot of water from fresh gutload & that seems to work fine. I found the crystals go mouldy.

Having said that, I'm using the gel balls on my baby giant african snails, whether they're working or not, I have no clue lol The 'balls' haven't gone moldy yet though so I haven;t removed them.

Such a devastating loss...Sorry to hear about that!

Thanks for the heads up though, I plan on getting a baby panther in January so i'll def be cautious with water crystals aswell.

Well if you get the legends version, they are huge (they look like at least 1/4" pieces) so you shouldnt get and dries ones you cant see.

Back
Top Bottom