Help pooop!

Sassyxo

image.jpg
I’m assuming that means she is dehydrated? How do I get my girl to drink? Will a reptifogger be any use to me?

Up your misting. Im having the same problem at the moment but it comes and goes. Keep a regular misting shedule(3 times a day) and have lots of plants and surfaces where droplets can stick. Spraying the screen sometimes comes in handy and slowly using a stream from your mister to lightly shower your chameleons face (mouth and nose area) really helps. Just my opinion though. Wait for more experienced people to comment too.

Reptifogger won't do much or anything for internal hydration. That said, it looks fine. Sometimes if they don't poop for awhile parts of the irate will be yellow or orange. As long as the end is still chalk white it should be fine. Make sure you're misting a lot. I'd get a mistking ir you don't already.
Even mistking replicas are ok. Ebay and amazon all the way

Reptifogger won't do much or anything for internal hydration. That said, it looks fine. Sometimes if they don't poop for awhile parts of the irate will be yellow or orange. As long as the end is still chalk white it should be fine. Make sure you're misting a lot. I'd get a mistking ir you don't already.

In fact, Chameleon can absorb water through the lungs, so reptifooger can help but avoid putting the fooger coupled with higher temperature because this can lead to respiratory infection.

@Mawtyplant yeah I guess that's true for most animals and I know humidity plays a big part in hydration, but that alone isn't adequate hydration. And like you mentioned it can lead to RI. For a beginner I just figure foggers as not usually necessary and a source for problems. Especially when they cost 40-60$? Just save a little more and you can add a mistking which is by far the better investment.

I agree people get into trouble when they use foggers in combination with high daytime temperatures in montaine species. Basking and fogging don't mix well because the heat and humidity can create a swamp effect vs. a mountain air effect. I do the bulk of my misting at the beginning and the end of the day when the basking bulb is off with just enough short mistings midday to provide droplets on the leaves for drinking that dry out between mistings.
That said I don't know how I would get all that done with out an automated system without being chained to my house.

I use fogger for limited time, she looks mildly dehydrated from the looks of her poop because the entire irate has a low yellow tone. It looks like she had been severely dehydrated for a while and has become more hydrated this last probably 2-3 weeks idk why since you have only had her a few days. Btw sweetie how is her grip, you may want to I stall a catch net in her cage just cause it's incredibly important for MBD sufferers to climb and use their muscles but falls are deadly for them

When she pooped it was a chalky white and the orange you see see. That picture is a few hours old, I should have mentioned that.

I use fogger for limited time, she looks mildly dehydrated from the looks of her poop because the entire irate has a low yellow tone. It looks like she had been severely dehydrated for a while and has become more hydrated this last probably 2-3 weeks idk why since you have only had her a few days. Btw sweetie how is her grip, you may want to I stall a catch net in her cage just cause it's incredibly important for MBD sufferers to climb and use their muscles but falls are deadly for them
I will for sure go to the Store and find something I could hang down there so she doesn’t hurt herself and her grip is pretty good, she seems strong to me. I’m assuming I’m going to have to rearrange her cage to make her more comfortable plus a laying bed :eek: oh my

Back
Top Bottom