Help!!!!

Rable420

I own a 1year old male vailed Cham he's in a nice tall mesh cage good plant life real and fake temps been between 68 and 75 durning day here's the problem he go up and down the cage alot and sometime walks in the abstract in bottom of cage ...y is he doing that ? I thought mayb he's in heat?

Please go to the top of the health clinic page and click on the sticky "how to ask for help". Complete the form in as much detail as possible. I don't know what you mean by "abstract". If you mean substrate you should not have that in your enclosure, it can cause serious health issues if the chameleon eats it. Chameleons do not go through heat cycles like dogs or cats. Female become receptive to mating and will advertise for a mate with a color display. Your temperature's are on the low side. If you check out the species specific care sheets you can find the proper temp range. It is not at all uncommon for chams to climb their screens in their cages. Omar does it all the time when he is exploring.

Males like to roam around their cages (territory) to both look for females as well as make sure no other males are around. Most likely he is just doing that as he is now a year old and is becoming full grown.

Back
Top Bottom