Hey Chameleon Owners!

JunioR

Hey people.I am new to the forum. My name is Junior and I have a pair of Jackson Chameleons. Their set up includes, lots of fake plants, live plant and a lot of Sandblasted branches. Their lighting includes the 24" UVB 10.0 and have the Zoo Med 60 watt basking light for them :) I also have the Monsoon by Exo Terra. I am a newby :D so comment on my set up also advice tips are greatly appreciated. Let me know what you guys think of my set up & chameleons THANKS!

Attachments

• IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0334.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 142
Welcome to the forum,
I'm a fellow newby, although without any Chameleons!

Your set up looks good to me but then I am new to all this so am sure someone can offer more information and help :)
Lovely Chameleon too.

Welcome!
I don't know much about Jackson so not much info from me.
More Jackson people will certainly be around to give advice on them.

Like I said I do not know Jacksons so not sure if that 10.0 light is too strong most use 5.0. Are they housed together?

The pic with one in the picture - they sure look pretty :)

Welcome to the forum! This is a very helpful place to learn about chameleons and their husbandry.

You should get rid of the 10.0 UVB light as it is too strong for your chameleon. It can hurt their eyes. Instead, you should replace it with a reptisun 5.0.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! Looks very nice, even thou I don't know much about Jacksons and not a big fan of fake plants, not just in a chameleon enclosure!;-)

Are they housed together? If so, you should definitely separate them but they may already be separated, it just wasn't clear.

Your male is gorgeous! Anyways, you'll want to switch your UVB to a 5.0 or lift the 10.0 off the cage a few inches, the light can become a bit intense for chameleons as the 10.0 is meant for desert lizards such as beardies.

For tips, make sure your humidity is high enough and you mist often but still let the cage dry. To know if your cham is hydrated you should check your chams droppings -- the white is the urate and brown/black is the feces. A well hydrated cham will have a pure white urate, maybe a tiny bit of yellow.

Otherwise all looks good and welcome!

Back
Top Bottom