Holiday

lizard120371

I am hoping to go away for 3 nights in a couple of weeks time. Last time I went away Karma was a baby in an easily transportable viv and my sister in law did a brilliant job of looking after him. Now he's in a bigger viv this will be impossible so how can I keep him hydrated whilst I'm away? Do I need a Rainfall System or a Humidifier or both? I live in the UK and after a bit of research have found the following:-

ExoTerra Monsoon High Pressure Rainfall System RS400 which has a fine mist and 4 litre reservoir.

Lucky Reptile Super Fog Humidifier with a 2 litre tank and adjustable output.

ZooMed Habba Mist Automatic Water Sprayer.

I currently mist twice a day but have to mop up the bottom of his viv as it floods. I am still struggling to keep the humidity up so a humidifier would probably be a good thing but does this generate enough humidity for droplets to form so he can drink whilst I am away?
Sorry to ramble on but it is important to get this right. Any advice is welcolme particularly from UK owners that know what is available in this country,thanks guys.

Personally, I would never go away and leave my chams alone. I think you should get a friend or neighbor to come over to check on him and mist and drip for you. If he's an adult cham or close to being an adult no food for a few days is fine.

I left for five days just a little while ago, my boyfriend's mum called in every day for misting and fill the dripper.. He had just one silk moth while I was away, and he was fine. Water is more important than food.. I agree with Jann. Ask somebody you trust to look after him. Good luck:)

I use the monsoon dripper, it works great. I would say give em a good meal before leaving and if you cham is an adult it should be able to go a few days without food. and the mist system lasts for around a week depending on the setting

Back
Top Bottom