Horn Worms

PoshPenny

Hey guys, best place to get horn worms? I want to buy a lot, for all my chams, geckos, anole and beardie. I wanted to get around 500 and raise them up. Everyone is pretty burned out on dubias and crickets. So I am going to switch up the feeders to mainly horn worms, silkies, and supers for a while, and the occasional wax here and there.

Just an FYI They grow big very fast. I remember the first time I got some and fed a few off to some babies the first day. Two days later my adult veiled was the only one big enough to eat them. It was wild how quick they grew

They do grow extremely fast. You can put them in the fridge for a day or two to help slow the growth somewhat. If you are going to buy a large amount I would suggest you get a combination of actual worms and some egg cups. That way you can stretch out your ability to use them. Great Lakes is where I get mine as well and I am very satisfied with them. They ship eggs already in a deli cup with food and everything in it so all you need to do is take them out of the shipping box and let them hatch.

Oh man thanks for the heads up guys. My blue bottle flies have hatched and I have a gazillion now. Sadly Frita won't eat them anymore. She only wants supers now. She even turned down a wax worm!!!

So I'm gonna switch it up now!!
ujavyqyb.jpg

This is fatty saying " I don't want crickets woman! Where's my supers!!!"

Its cheaper to buy the eggs and dry food than the prepared food. You can prepare the food and put it in deli cups yourself. They have everything you need. Plus I feel that the food goes bad before the worms are too big and I like to start with as fresh a batch as possible. If you start putting the worms in the frig early you can get them to last for weeks. I rotate cups so that I have some bigger and some smaller and frig them for different intervals.

Back
Top Bottom