Housing Grasshoppers

Nikkih08

How does everyone house there Grasshoppers?
Do they need to be dusted with Calcium as well?
Do I put them in the Sunset Chams Feeder Run or just loose in the cage?
If I’m currently feeding 15-20 medium crickets how many medium hoppers do I feed?

I had a small enclosure for the housing. Lone star chameleons has a YouTube video showing his setup. I just copied it. They poop ALOT. So I kept a tray on the bottom.
Yes they should be dusted with calcium.
I would also pluck off their big spiky legs so they wouldn’t cause any complications with digestion. Also be ready to expect bigger than normal bowl movements.
15-20 crickets is a lot. How old is your chameleon?

I had a small enclosure for the housing. Lone star chameleons has a YouTube video showing his setup. I just copied it. They poop ALOT. So I kept a tray on the bottom.
Yes they should be dusted with calcium.
I would also pluck off their big spiky legs so they wouldn’t cause any complications with digestion. Also be ready to expect bigger than normal bowl movements.
15-20 crickets is a lot. How old is your chameleon?
our Veiled is almost 6 months and the panther is almost 4 months old

I use a butterfly cage and keep them outdoors in the shade in summertime. I can hang greens from the top with a paper clip so they don't have to go to the floor to eat. If I bring indoors I hang a heat lamp on top.

I use a butterfly cage and keep them outdoors in the shade in summertime. I can hang greens from the top with a paper clip so they don't have to go to the floor to eat. If I bring indoors I hang a heat lamp on top.
Awesome! I like this idea! It can get close to 110° in the summer so I’ll have to be careful.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom