How many babies do they lay?

sarahlynne

:confused: how many eggs do panther chameleons lay in one clutch because I've read loads of different things on different websites and how many babes can you keep together :confused:

Anywhere from 10-60, it really depends on the amount of food the female is eating, her temperatures, and her general health.

As for babies, it really depends on the size of the cage you're keeping them in. You can get away with keeping groups together, but they tend to do better in smaller groups. So if you can put 5-10 in their own cage they'll be happier than 30 in one cage, for example.

If you need any additional info just ask, I'm a little exhausted today so I may not go into all the details unless you ask :)

My female was bred one time, and from that breeding she laid 3 fertile clutches. Clutch 1=38 eggs. Clutch 2=29 eggs, and clutch 3=43 eggs. Almost all of the eggs have hatched, and I just had 2 of those clutches hatching at the same time. Right now I have 5 different baby bins, they are sorted by sizes, and there is a group of 7 that have just been put into a screen cage. There are 47 babies spread throughout those 5 baby cages. Hope that helps:)

thanks guys, and have you ever sold chameleons before?? if you have, how long did it take to sell them all and who did you sell them to and how??

Back
Top Bottom