Huge breakthrough with Spike!!!😁😁😁

Spikemomma

Established Member
Hello everyone!! Been a while!! We have been working with spike more and more to become more used to us and used hornworms to get him to become comfortable coming onto our arms right out of his enclosure. He would come in very timid and then eat the worm and swiftly run off to his home and hide. Today he began to come down to where we were preforming this and when we opened his door he started to come out into us!!! It was amazing 🤩 I feel so lucky he is trusting us more. He is so light and feels so cool!! It’s my first time feeling him as we have never forced him contact. I am just in awe and so happy. Anyone have similar experiences?? I’m not sure if he is just feeling brave or what. He is older and his previous owner said he was friendly when we warmed up to you,, maybe he wasn’t kidding!! He has been watching and trusting us more and we are goin to get him a large plant to explore when he comes out. Antmy other suggestions? Nothing has changed in his home or environment wise so I don’t think it’s that.

Thanks for reading 😁😁

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 5
Awesome! I have yet to have a true trust with mine. But I might be less patient than I was in my younger self. 😅

Great job! 🥳 You must have tons of patience and one of the more unusual of veileds. Mine live up to the stereotype of being unfriendly.

That’s awesome! Loki recent started climbing onto me for food too. The feeling is crazy when it first happens!

Veiled have quite a wide range of reactions to people…and can even show different behaviours to different people.

I had one male that would always chase after me if I put my hand in his cage and even if he was out of the cage he would race down the branch I was holding with him on it to bite me.

Then I had some males that were very accepting of me and would come right out on my hand with no issue….even wait at the cage door for me to open it.

I don’t remember ever having a really unfriendly female but some were more “shy” than others.

Back
Top Bottom