Humidity... Am i crazy??

Ksauber

I spray the cage. The humidity goes to 70%. Then the humidity starts to drop to 20% and I think oh it's time to spray again. Except the plants are still dripping. So i can't keep the humidity at the right level and also allow the cage to dry out. I don't know how to win.

I had this exact confusion when I first got my enclosure set up, but I realized that there are a couple things to remember. The gauge is determining the ambient humidity nearby, so when you spray, you probably get some on or right nearby the gauge. As the water falls away, it begins sensing the air around it again. As the dripping water then evaporates it disperses and raises the general ambient humidity. I make sure my humidity is up, but frankly I just make sure to mist and set up my dripper and make sure my cham is doing okay. Those gauges are really kinda p.o.s., and I use them more to get a general idea of moist/dry environment rather than an exact count.

Hope this helps!
Zack

Humidity doesn't have to be constant. As long as it spikes to around 70% two or three times a day and the viv dries out between mistings that is what you are aiming for.

Ok I thought it was supposed to be a constant humidity. That makes more sense. I didn't want to turn the little guy into jerky but I also didn't want to waterlog him. I will just spray and drip and wait for it to dry, then spray again!

Back
Top Bottom