hygrometer question

Gwendalyn.brock

Established Member
Is it normal for the hygrometer to read between 10-20% near the heat lamp and 40-60% away from it? Or does this mean that my hygrometer is wrong?

to get a better accurate reading depending on the enclosure you must place it in the center of its total heigth

I originally had it under the heat lamp and was worried about he reading then somebody suggested moving it to the center of the cage and now it reads 40-60%. I was wondering of that is a good reading since I have a baby veiled.

Yes it is normal to have less humidity under your heat lamp. That's why we suggest you put it in the middle of your enclosure. Don't know what type of hydrometer you have but I have found the digital ones to be more accurate than the analog. Hope this helped :)

also for your veiled it should be generally between 60-80% not to low or to high so that your cham wont develop respiratory problems

Thqnk you for answering my question. It usually stays around 60% so I was thinking that was good for her. And soon I will be moving her into a bigger habitat soon and was wondering so that I can be sure that it is working well.

Back
Top Bottom