i need a cage!

amanda509

im getting a cham, but i need to get the supplies now so the place i want it from isnt sold out, all of diy cages are on backorder and they have been for weeks now!!! it will be ages before i get a cage from there...anything similar around the same cost? id get a used one, but nobody ships! and i live in pa...

i honestly would if i had the time :/ ive been working every free second i have to save money for a chameleon :/ once i get it, i wont work soo much.

I see. It does take some time to build one. If you were closer, I'd loan you one.

I see. It does take some time to build one. If you were closer, I'd loan you one.

thanks :) wish i lived closer to the cham hot spots..i wouldnt be having so much trouble finding supplies and it would be neat to meet some experienced cham owners in person...

i dont have a big enough space for a cage that big, or id get it :( i was planning on getting the 18x18x36 which is what i have space planned for :/

Well, what cham are you getting? If its either a male veiled or panther, rethink that.. They need a lot of space and I can tell you from experience, sometimes even the XL cages are too small.

hmm.. maybe you could free range?:) if i knew more about it when i got my initially i dont think i would've gotten a cage.

i honestly would if i had the time :/ ive been working every free second i have to save money for a chameleon :/ once i get it, i wont work soo much.

Then buy a wardrobe and stop working so much :), and then you'll have time to take a door off, waterproof the edges, fix lights, add shelf and plants and branches, staple some mesh on..........I did it in an afternoon :)

Well, what cham are you getting? If its either a male veiled or panther, rethink that.. They need a lot of space and I can tell you from experience, sometimes even the XL cages are too small.

im getting a jackson's :D haha totally unorigional cuz i know they are kinda common..but im a dinosaur freak...how can i say no to those horns? ive talked to a couple other jackson's owners and they said they've had theirs in an 18x18x36 just fine..even in adulthood.

Then buy a wardrobe and stop working so much :), and then you'll have time to take a door off, waterproof the edges, fix lights, add shelf and plants and branches, staple some mesh on..........I did it in an afternoon :)

Do u have pix and step by step instructions?

hmm.. maybe you could free range?:) if i knew more about it when i got my initially i dont think i would've gotten a cage.

i like the idea of free ranging, but i have a cat :/ and he sleeps in my room, and im pretty sure he'd eat the cham if he could get to him lol. id only free range under supervision...

if i could find a wardrobe that didnt cost a fortune in central pa, and had the time, i would :)

Do u have pix and step by step instructions?
I'm sorry, that was the earliest footage of it. I just knocked it together, played it by ear, and bodged it all really..........the wardrobe part was already built so it was real easy, but I've built a few things before (measure accurately and it gets done quicker and neater, tip for the day :))

Back
Top Bottom