I need help with mating chameleons

Tommy Naples

Hey guys I can't seen to get my male Panther to mate with my female she's receptive but he won't mate with her he starts off good but never finishes he bobs his head follows her but never actually mouts her I've tried putting her in his cage and visa versa I've also tried putting them in a neutral cage I need some more ideas and help with this since it's my first breeding attempt both chameleons are 19 months old :)

Do you have another male, or can you borrow another male from a friend? Put the 2nd male within visual sight of the male and female you want to mate. The presence of competition often entices the male to finish the job-

I don't know anyone with one I tried showing him his reflection in a mirror and he just reached for it with his hand he's such an oddball I have the two on a neautral plant right now but still nothing:(

Put them together in a cage, and leave them alone. Mine will not finish the deed if he is being watched. I leave mine together for a couple of hours before checking on them. If they are not together, I will remove him to his own cage. I then try again the following day. I continue this until she is no longer receptive.

Put them together in a cage, and leave them alone. Mine will not finish the deed if he is being watched. I leave mine together for a couple of hours before checking on them. If they are not together, I will remove him to his own cage. I then try again the following day. I continue this until she is no longer receptive.

If she is not rejecting him I would leave them together for a while.

If leaving them together doesn't work out my advice is the opposite. I've had pretty good results putting bashful pairs together for about 5 minutes. If nothing comes of it and the female is receptive, I seperate completely (total visual isolation) and reintroduce again in a day or two for same length of time and so forth. Usually after a week or two, bashful males get the idea that their window of opportunity is limited and get more serious about getting down to business right away.

Okay I'm gunna seperate them today and try again tomorrow is there a certain time of day that works the best? Or certain conditions?

Back
Top Bottom