I recieved an ADHD chameleon??

Progrmor

My 2 months old veiled female is crazy! She cant really be still :confused:

When I get home from work I find her crawling in the meshroof upside down. And later she will just run around doing her "leaf dance" all over the cage! I thought that chameleons were calm animals!

Is this normal?:eek:

This reminds me of my first female Veiled, she did the same thing, she was super hyper and active, climbing all over the place. don't worry she's just enjoying her new home.

Does she have enough foliage? Sometimes they will pace the cage a lot if they don't feel secure enough. A pic would help just to confirm everything looks good. Some will still be constantly on the move even with plenty of hiding space.

hahahahahahaha veiled chams are freaking insane.... mine freaks out every time i try to do anything in the cage and puffs up to a whole finger size and jumps at me hissing a roaring yet barely audible hiss at me now...
so cute but someday I feel as though this lurching biting thing will actually hurt pretty bad :( handling is good if you can, let them explore when restless but keep them hydrated and full. Usually if you keep their bellies full they just bask a lot of the day away :/ mine does at least at maybe 3 months. For the first 10 or so days he was running a much around the cage and trying to push the door open.
What are your temperatures? and how long since you last changed something in the cage? could be too cold or not hot enough and wants a branch somewhere better. Surprisingly picky little creatures.

hahahahahahaha veiled chams are freaking insane.... mine freaks out every time i try to do anything in the cage and puffs up to a whole finger size and jumps at me hissing a roaring yet barely audible hiss at me now...
so cute but someday I feel as though this lurching biting thing will actually hurt pretty bad :( handling is good if you can, let them explore when restless but keep them hydrated and full. Usually if you keep their bellies full they just bask a lot of the day away :/ mine does at least at maybe 3 months. For the first 10 or so days he was running a much around the cage and trying to push the door open.
What are your temperatures? and how long since you last changed something in the cage? could be too cold or not hot enough and wants a branch somewhere better. Surprisingly picky little creatures.

basking is 85F and lower part of cage is about 72F. I added some branches 4 days ago. ;)

Back
Top Bottom