ideal viv size

karenh

In a few months i will be moving my 1 year old yeman in to a custom built viv, it is 4 foot wide X four foot deep X six feet high, the center support which is a six feet tall hollow square support

Plants
i have bolted bird cage java branch"s to the center support and covering them with artificial fictus plants, connecting the "main branch"s" i will be using jungle vine. i currently have a fictus and a umbrella plant both about 4 feet both of these plants will be in the viv. the floor of the viv is cover by X2 flexi trays covered with artificial grass mat for easy cleaning.

Watering
i have installed a lucky reptile high pressure misting system, comprising of two drippers and four multi directional spray heads

Heating
in the viv i have one infrared spot lamp angled from the viv roof for day basking and a ceramic heater at the bottom of the viv pointing up to provide a background temp / night temp. the unit controlling these lamps is a habistat dual controller.

Lighting
i have two 3 feet tube lights, X1 UVB X1 UVA, the lighting system is linked to a timer which is also couple to the infrared spot, after 13hrs both these units switch off, hopefully simulating a natural day/night routine.

Ventilation
situated in the viv roof i cut a hole about the size of a dinner plate, on the outside i have fixed a computer server cooling fan, on the inside i fixed over the hole a rigid speaker cover. this too is on a timer set to activate twice a day for 15 mins.

From the experience of all the long term cham keepers here, is there anything more i should do or be doing, what would be he ideal temp for the lamps, is my lighting set up ok.

comments, help, criticism would be appreciated.

Karen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom