Ionic Compact

J1346

hey wondering if anybody has tried these?

Exo Terra Ionic Compact Bulb 25 watt

Reduces odors
Purifies terrarium air
Neutralizes mold spores
Creates a healthy environment
New and innovative technology
High visual light output

No UVB output, but it is a wonderfully bright bulb. If your cage is dim with just regular lights, these bulbs brighten the cage up SIGNIFICANTLY. I use them on my display cages at home to brighten up the cool sides of my cages. Couldn't tell you about the odor control part, as I have plug in air fresheners in my apartment, but the brightness is pretty darn amazing.

-Jen

too bad, i was hoping it could possibly replace the reptisun and cutdown on the possibility of ailments as well.

Nah, no such luck. I had hoped that too, but I think since none of the light being produced is UVB, that may be part of why the bulb itself is so bright. The higher the UVB output of the bulb, the dimmer it usually is (since you can't see the UV light).

-Jen

I'm not sure if I would expect a bulb to do much as far as odor.You can get decent air filters now that have built in UV sterilizers(light) and ion generation(not sure how it works lol). Really good for cleaning the air of mold, odor, bacteria etc. I use one in my room with the cham to keep fresh pure air coming through and the smell down. Good investment for reptile rooms especially if you breed smelly feeders. I still don't like using compact bulbs of any sort around anything living long term aside from plants. The compact fluoros that were pushed onto everyone to replace incandescent have some bizarre effects on certain people and animals similar to "wifi poisoning". Migraines, nausea, hallucinations...I honestly have no idea why exactly they do these things but I shy away from using them. I go with the better safe than sorry just like with rarely feeding butters due to the radiation thing.

Back
Top Bottom