Is acrylic paint safe to use around chameleons?

hannah101

Hi! New chameleon owner here and tonight I was planning on painting on some canvases with acrylic paint in my bedroom (where my chameleon stays) I’m not sure if acrylic paint has harmful fumes for chameleons considering I’m new to owning one. Is it safe to paint in the same room as my chameleon or should I avoid it?
The room is a decent size with a fan, central air, and I could open a window a bit if needed:)
The paint is acrylic craft paint from the apple barrel brand

Well I paint ceramics on a table not too far from my Cham cages. These paints don’t have fumes and I have never had a reaction with my babies. Ceramic paints are very similar to craft paints as they are both water soluable without an oil base. You can always have the fan on you blowing away from the cage. If you smell anything though I would not do it as their respitory systems are fragile.

Well I paint ceramics on a table not too far from my Cham cages. These paints don’t have fumes and I have never had a reaction with my babies. Ceramic paints are very similar to craft paints as they are both water soluable without an oil base. You can always have the fan on you blowing away from the cage. If you smell anything though I would not do it as their respitory systems are fragile.
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom