Is grapewood a bad choice?

Smiley

I understand grapewood is not suitable for aquariums due to it's nature of decaying, however, the piece I put in there has been sitting on our side patio for over a year, been hit with sprinklers, rain, and baked by the sun. It's definitely become harder (was a pain to saw off some of the pieces to make it fit the enclosure) and it's been way past it's moldy phase. Finally got a video for you guys, made major improvements.

Also, will he actually utilize and appreciate how tall it is? I never see him stray beyond the middle part. Are there any improvements that you guys can see he needs right away?

I understand grapewood is not suitable for aquariums due to it's nature of decaying, however, the piece I put in there has been sitting on our side patio for over a year, been hit with sprinklers, rain, and baked by the sun. It's definitely become harder (was a pain to saw off some of the pieces to make it fit the enclosure) and it's been way past it's moldy phase. Finally got a video for you guys, made major improvements.

Also, will he actually utilize and appreciate how tall it is? I never see him stray beyond the middle part. Are there any improvements that you guys can see he needs right away?

You'll just have to watch it. In a cham cage that gets misted frequently and doesn't dry out as fast or as much as a patio, I bet it will mold eventually.

Back
Top Bottom