Is his poop ok?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Im just wondering is his poop looking ok? Im asking this question because of this white thingy on brown poop part. Could that be sperm? Sorry if I’m being stupid..

Attachments

• AE3E6119-2B5D-413B-9D6F-C8AEBF126557.jpeg
    AE3E6119-2B5D-413B-9D6F-C8AEBF126557.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 32AD07C9-3F82-48BF-9773-4AEAA9EC8015.jpeg
    32AD07C9-3F82-48BF-9773-4AEAA9EC8015.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 92
Looks normal to me. I’m curious why and what substrate you’re using. It’s usually recommended to have a bare bottom enclosure.

Here’s a video to learn more about cham poop:

I use dirt because its easier for me to keep humidity up if i spray the dirt and if something happens like some branch falls and he falls with it its not so hard fall as it would be if there was only wood down there.

Attachments

• 174C356D-4DEE-4F81-9EFC-6F722CB6D910.jpeg
    174C356D-4DEE-4F81-9EFC-6F722CB6D910.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 80
I use dirt because its easier for me to keep humidity up if i spray the dirt and if something happens like some branch falls and he falls with it its not so hard fall as it would be if there was only wood down there.

Uh if branches are falling you need to fix that. If he is falling off branches, take him to the vet.

Uh if branches are falling you need to fix that. If he is falling off branches, take him to the vet.
Branches are ok but i made these leaves like this because i didnt have time to make it right because i have him only two days.

Attachments

• ADB7B1E5-A0CC-4A60-B493-1C90A0C20160.jpeg
    ADB7B1E5-A0CC-4A60-B493-1C90A0C20160.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 113
Using live plants, longer misting sessions, wrapping the sides of the enclosure, etc. can all help increase humidity and avoid using substrate.

Can you post pictures of the whole enclosure?

Using live plants, longer misting sessions, wrapping the sides of the enclosure, etc. can all help increase humidity and avoid using substrate.

Can you post pictures of the whole enclosure?
Its not near finished but its not too bad right?

Attachments

• 95C408F0-39C5-441A-986F-4051F209B7BB.jpeg
    95C408F0-39C5-441A-986F-4051F209B7BB.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 83
Little concerning that the basking light is mounted inside the enclosure. The stick closest to it, can't he reach up and touch the lightbulb?

Little concerning that the basking light is mounted inside the enclosure. The stick closest to it, can't he reach up and touch the lightbulb?
He cant reach it but I have the same setup with my veiled chameleon and he can reach it but he never did that he never even tried to do that.

Its not near finished but its not too bad right?

I am thinking you will need to do something to seal that particle/chip board. Water can destroy that pretty quickly, and if the water interacts with the glue in it I hate to think what that might do.

Just a thought, do with it what you will. Marine grade paint is always a possibility, or that liquid rubber product like FlexSeal. Not sure what is available in Serbia, even via the internet.

I am thinking you will need to do something to seal that particle/chip board. Water can destroy that pretty quickly, and if the water interacts with the glue in it I hate to think what that might do.

Just a thought, do with it what you will. Marine grade paint is always a possibility, or that liquid rubber product like FlexSeal. Not sure what is available in Serbia, even via the internet.
My breeder who made this terrarium said that he sealed this wood with something and that water will not gonna be a problem.. Even if something happens to the wood I will call him and he will make me another cuz if thats the case he lied..

Good deal. Hard to see anything from the pic and just didn't want you to get a nasty surprise when the chipboard swelled up into mush. I hope he sealed all the edges and corners too.

Back
Top Bottom