Is it a good idea to change cage setup every once and awhile

Potatoguineapig

Hello i have a adult female veiled that gets bored in her cage all the time. I let her roam around my room when I'm home but school is about to start and I was thinking i could redo her cage once a month to spice things up for her. Is it a good idea or should I leave it the same. Thank you

Probably better to set up some sort of free range for her. I think changing up the enclosure constantly would stress her out.

Hello i have a adult female veiled that gets bored in her cage all the time. I let her roam around my room when I'm home but school is about to start and I was thinking i could redo her cage once a month to spice things up for her. Is it a good idea or should I leave it the same. Thank you

No, I'd leave it alone. Her cage is her turf where she should feel secure. I doubt she's "bored" at all.

Other than a little trimming of live plants and cleaning I don't like to change too much. You will be surprised how just a tiny change can cause stress, or some exploring. Depends on the animal.

Back
Top Bottom