Is she pregnant?

pascalowner

This is my female veiled, who is about one year old. I guess she's around laying age and I've noticed she's a fatty, is she pregnant or no?? 001.jpg
002.jpg

Okay that video really helped! But what if her cage isn't big enough to put a big flower pot or bin in? I have a large fake tree that I let her free range in sometimes, could I just set the pot by that?

Okay I have a good laying bin set up for her, but she hasn't laid anything yet. She's not even interested in the dirt at all when I showed it to her. What do I do?? I set it up yesterday morning.

Okay I have a good laying bin set up for her, but she hasn't laid anything yet. She's not even interested in the dirt at all when I showed it to her. What do I do?? I set it up yesterday morning.

Just be patient. Maybe cover her cage with a sheet so she cant see you. They will most likely not lay if she does not feel secluded. Once she does start laying make sure not to interrupt her or she may stop.

Personally I think she looks fat. Not just gravid (pregnant) although I would say she is gravid but looking at the fat pads on her head and cheeks she looks a tad over weight. How much do you feed her? Over feeding can cause lots of problems along with laying problems. If you over feed she will have really large clutches which will shorten her life span and can also make her become egg bound.

I feed her about 3 crickets a day and the occasional superworm. Within the past month I've gone to feeding her every other day because I've read you're supposed to do that after they're a year old.

Back
Top Bottom