Is spray paint ok

jackNjill

I house my male in a very large bird cage the cage cage is all rusted as has a hard time opening i was wondering can i spray paint the door part if so

what kind of spray paint
any certain chemicals to watch out for
how long to air out
when can i put him back him

I am real scared to do it i need advice

You could probably use a latex rustoleum (sp?) for out door use which is pretty much waterproof. As far as I know latex is non toxic once it drys. But you would have to make sure you spray it where your cham can't inhale the fumes and also make sure that the paint has cured really well according to the directions on the can before you put your cham back in the cage.

You could probably use a latex rustoleum (sp?) for out door use which is pretty much waterproof. As far as I know latex is non toxic once it drys. But you would have to make sure you spray it where your cham can't inhale the fumes and also make sure that the paint has cured really well according to the directions on the can before you put your cham back in the cage.

great advice! id say dont let your chameleon anywhere near it for ATLEAST 2 days

I was told that spray paint would not work for my chameleons by an employee at home depot. You want zero VOCs, and they said that spray paint isnt zero VOCs.

I was told that spray paint would not work for my chameleons by an employee at home depot. You want zero VOCs, and they said that spray paint isnt zero VOCs.

what does voc meen, i would have thaught spray paint is completely fine after it has finished off-gassing, but i suppose maybe not.

I have no idea, I just know you dont want them in the paint you use for your reptiles...

haha ill have to let all my friends who do murals with spray paint to start wearing there freakin masks!!

Back
Top Bottom