Is this Stuck shed?

Lt.WorfReportingForDuty

Established Member
Hi All, I am having trouble determining if this is stuck shed around the toes or just a lighter color around the toes. All of his feet look similarly. It’s been about 2 weeks since his last shed. Your opinion is much appreciated! Thank you.
IMG_9005.jpeg

IMG_9003.jpeg

It looks like the bottom of the back feet are going to shed. The bottom of the feet takes a bit longer and can drive some chams crazy. Toes and nails are included in the bottom of the feet shed. If they are smooth and soft then they have shed. If he starts rubbing them like crazy on wood or the screen then you may want to give him a hand. But stuck shed on the bottom of feet doesn’t cut off any circulation. So it’s up to you if you want to assist. Such a cutie pie! 😁

Yes I do! Do you think this is dried mineral residue from hard water?
Yep :) I saw this when I was new and used tap water they can not only get this powdery look to them from the water that gets sprayed on them but you may see some excess snalt around the nose area. RO water is going to be better you will not get all the mineral build up not only in the enclosure but on him and his plants. I have a hard time getting RO where I live now and do not have the ability to hook up an RO filter in my rental. So I started using a Zero water pitcher about 2 years ago. I do have to replace the filter every month or the water will have a fishy smell due to the filter being warn out. But it comes also with a reader probe that will tell you the degree of minerals in the water.

Back
Top Bottom