Is this tail rot ?

dill

Is this tail rot ? I’m waiting for bloodwork the vet never said.

Attachments

• IMG_8106.jpeg
    IMG_8106.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 5
Hey there, It could be.

Can he do a full tail curl? If he still has full function of the tail then antibiotics and a topical could take care of that. If it starts totally dying off though and become necrotic you have to get that portion amputated before it continues to spread.

Thank you no not a full tail curl he tries but mostly limp. Can I use Hibiclens and Neosporin
? Until the bloodwork comes back

Hey there, It could be.

Can he do a full tail curl? If he still has full function of the tail then antibiotics and a topical could take care of that. If it starts totally dying off though and become necrotic you have to get that portion amputated before it continues to spread.
Thank you no not a full tail curl he tries but mostly limp. Can I use Hibiclens and Neosporin

I am not sure about how to clean it. Let me tag someone that would know for sure so you have an option until the vet comes back with results @JacksJill

Per the neosporin yes you can use this but it must be the plain kind without any pain additives.

Back
Top Bottom