I've made the jump. My Panther Chameleon will be here in 2 weeks. Looking for any last minute advice.

StevensUneven

This is a follow up to my previous post “Looking for advice before getting my first panther chameleon”. I have made some changes over time but more importantly just made the purchase of my first chameleon.

Chameleon Info:​

Cage Info:​

Attachments

• ILAH-ADR-0124-CB-HB-M-7-9816.jpg
    ILAH-ADR-0124-CB-HB-M-7-9816.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 2
Everything sounds and looks great to my eyes. What are your night time temps? Since you’ve got everything else perfect, I expect you are only going to be running the fogger when the temps are below at least 68. :) Your little guy is a beauty! 🥰 How exciting! I hope the next two weeks fly by for you.

So far I've only been able to get it down to 68-70 in the enclosure at night however I have been turning the fogger on every night regardless, that was actually helping bring the temps down. Should I only be turning it on when it gets below 68?

So far I've only been able to get it down to 68-70 in the enclosure at night however I have been turning the fogger on every night regardless, that was actually helping bring the temps down. Should I only be turning it on when it gets below 68?
Yes they can get respiratory infections if you use above 68

This is a follow up to my previous post “Looking for advice before getting my first panther chameleon”. I have made some changes over time but more importantly just made the purchase of my first chameleon.

Chameleon Info:​

Cage Info:​

Oh congrats! Getting a chameleon is so exciting! You chose one of the best site sponsers.

With the absence of the fogger, is there any suggestions for how often and how long I should run the mister? I assume high humidity at night will be harder achieve.

With night temps of 68-70, you can still do a boost of humidity at night, either with your fogger or mister. I wouldn’t go all the way up to 100% though. I can’t even come close to anything below around 73/74 at night so I don’t even have a fogger. I do have my mister set to give a couple of 15 second mistings during the night for a modest boost of humidity. This works well for me.

With 68-70 over night temp I would personally not have a problem fogging. I do run my fogger for less time than you from 12a-5a, with a few 15 sec misting through out the night. For your morning and evening mist I do 3 mins instead of 2. I run 2 misting nozzles. With your computer fan running it should be able to help dry out the cage during the day which is the part you need for preventing the mentioned RI risks. You can always add another if you need to. I run 2 fans on my panther. If you need to, don’t be afraid to try different airflow directions of the fan, you should be able to see differences physically and in your app. Don’t be afraid to use the height in the top where your chameleon can’t reach the top to screen climb with an occasional branch sticking out of your top level. Be aware of UVB and heat placement when adding what I call “random branches to no where”. Those branches that go no where are my chameleons favorite branches! You’re off to a great start and your chameleon is gonna be in awesome hands with you!

Back
Top Bottom