Kilo the Veiled Chameleons 'Dark Patches' LOOK!

KiloTheChameleon

kilo5.jpg

kilo4.jpg

kilo3.jpg

kilo2.jpg

kilo1.jpg

Kilo constantly has that dark pattern, it sometimes gets smaller, then larger. He never turns those colors anywhere else!!!!!!!

He's beautiful though :) was sooo happy for large crickets this morning :D:D

Please share recent pics of your Chameleon here too!
I LOVE these beuaitful creatures!!!

Camimom and basking temp.

reptilelover18 told me I needed a temperature reader and humidity reader

I will have them by Friday.

So to be honest, right now I do not know his temp.

I know he needs these things, I'm trying my best here! I wish I would of found this website first.

Where do you reccomend buying them? And what brand is best?

Squeekz your cham is beautiful girl!!!!!

He's litterally 2 feet away from our Gas heater, do you really think he is still cold???? Should I have the back of my cage wrapped in foil until I can afford to get a shower curtain for the back of his cage??

I have plastic seran wrap-- is that to ghetto?

Hes probably cold then, thats why hes dark.

We use regular house bulbs for basking.

THey find it easier to absorb heat through actual light, not the air like we do.

hes also a juvi, so you wont see the bright teal colors as you would for an adult.

how much foliage is in his cage?

Looks normal to me.

You should be fine with what you have for now til Friday. As long as you're hand misting his enclosure and giving him enough heat at a basking spot he'll be happy. Also Be sure to "lightly" dust your crickets with proper supplements. Calcium with NO D3 every day, Multivitamin 2x a month and Calcium WITH D3 2x a month.

And to the looks of it, I think he's due for a shed? Maybe thats why his colors seem dull to you in person. And to help with sheds, bumping their humidity a bit will make it easier on them. Also the gas heater may be giving him too much "dry heat"...For me heaters make me feel stuffy and dry. They really only should be used if your room drops below 50 degrees at night to maintain temps.

So far you're on a great start!

Thanks! I think he is shedding too, I noticed that behinde his neck is sheddings a little bit, maybe youre right!

I just learned about the calcium rules, i had w/ D3 the petstore reccomended everyday and "to much isnt enough" lol I only did 2-3 days with light d3 dustings, so i wont do anything until next month.

This Friday I'm getting the proper Calcium, multivitimins and temp/humidity reader.

now with the sheeding, Should I be spraying his cage alot more?

I spray his cage 3-4 (honestly sometimes 5) times a day and 1 of those spraying I spray his backside ever so lightly and from a far distance, he used to be skidish about it, but now he winks at me.

Yeah it sucks with the gas heater, I'm glad we moved him into the bed room (can get a little chilly, so sometimes I'll have to use the red light at night) But after Friday I'll know 100% if I need the red light or not with the temps it gives me in the bed room at night

Looks normal to me.

You should be fine with what you have for now til Friday. As long as you're hand misting his enclosure and giving him enough heat at a basking spot he'll be happy. Also Be sure to "lightly" dust your crickets with proper supplements. Calcium with NO D3 every day, Multivitamin 2x a month and Calcium WITH D3 2x a month.

And to the looks of it, I think he's due for a shed? Maybe thats why his colors seem dull to you in person. And to help with sheds, bumping their humidity a bit will make it easier on them. Also the gas heater may be giving him too much "dry heat"...For me heaters make me feel stuffy and dry. They really only should be used if your room drops below 50 degrees at night to maintain temps.

So far you're on a great start!

Kilo is blushing :) Thank you!!! He is my baby!!! I wish I didnt live in M.A. (not that i do ;) ) but they're illegal in that state, so its hard to find outher chameleon owners, i even searched this site to find MA memebers, and there are very few :( so much for finding a chaming buddy to view my enclosure haha i wish i could find someone who needs to give their female veiled a good home... maybe one day :D

He is a pretty chameleon that's for sure.

Kilo is blushing :) Thank you!!! He is my baby!!! I wish I didnt live in M.A. (not that i do ;) ) but they're illegal in that state, so its hard to find outher chameleon owners, i even searched this site to find MA memebers, and there are very few :( so much for finding a chaming buddy to view my enclosure haha i wish i could find someone who needs to give their female veiled a good home... maybe one day :D

Wait, chameleons are illegal in MA? :(

Pretty boy! He looks pretty similar to my guy in his pattern. I still haven't gotten much of a grasp on what my cham likes temperature-wise but I think I'm at a good spot now. I have a 65-watt halogen bulb for his basking spot and a CHE which maxes at 100w but I have on a dimmer switch down about halfway. He's finally exploring all of his beautiful cage and his colors have really brightened up.

thnks jas, hes very teal today :) if u use skype maybe i can go on and show u everything
.. see if he will let me handle him.

i dont know how to use skype, never tried it and dont know if my computer is capable of it! lol no one has ever shown me how to do it. im pretty good with everything else computer wise haha

Back
Top Bottom