Large Sperm plug/shed. Please explain!

ChamelaChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Bolt did not have a poop for 14 days. I thought he was impacted. Today, he delivered the world's largest sperm situation along with white urate and large poop. I often find small dried plugs throughout the branches. This is the second one delivered fresh with the poop. I think this was causing issues with him pooping. He's just been laying around like he didn't feel good. So it's not dry or waxy looking. @elizaann2 this would be a good one to put under the microscope.
20240817_175355.jpg

Is there anything I can change in his enclosure to reduce the size of these plugs?

This is probably a hemipeneal plug!

I found this on the internet.

When not in use, the hemipenes invert into the base of the tail, creating pockets that can fill with plugs. These plugs are thought to be caused by a buildup of glandular secretions, shed skin, and other debris. In rare cases, the plugs can become abscessed and appear more fluid-like.

Bolt did not have a poop for 14 days. I thought he was impacted. Today, he delivered the world's largest sperm situation along with white urate and large poop. I often find small dried plugs throughout the branches. This is the second one delivered fresh with the poop. I think this was causing issues with him pooping. He's just been laying around like he didn't feel good. So it's not dry or waxy looking. @elizaann2 this would be a good one to put under the microscope. View attachment 358041

Is there anything I can change in his enclosure to reduce the size of these plugs?
A fantastic poo!!!!

Back
Top Bottom