laying on one side!!!

nyahhamilton

So about once a week sometimes twice i bring my chameleon outside and it was a little warmer so i took him out and put him in the sun and he started to lay down on one side and so i started to freak out so i took him back inside and put him in his cage and he seems fine now but why would he do that? Was it because he wasn't use to the sun?

Did he turn dark and flatten his body? He was probably trying to absorb as much heat and light from the sun as possible. This is normal behavior. After he warms up and gets enough uv he will go back to normal colors and cruise around the cage or plant you have him in.

So about once a week sometimes twice i bring my chameleon outside and it was a little warmer so i took him out and put him in the sun and he started to lay down on one side and so i started to freak out so i took him back inside and put him in his cage and he seems fine now but why would he do that? Was it because he wasn't use to the sun?

You spoiled his fun! It sounds like he was enjoying the sun. They can flatten like that if they are frightened by something, often a bird that you might not see. If he turned dark on the sun side, he was likely just soaking up as much sun as he could.

Back
Top Bottom