light sensitive

flashjord101

I noticed my young PC stays awake when I have the kitchen light on. I know they have a "3rd eye" which is light sensitive. Anyone see any problems with covering his side of the cage with a clean towel so he can get some sleep while the lights on?

thanks!

I noticed my young PC stays awake when I have the kitchen light on. I know they have a "3rd eye" which is light sensitive. Anyone see any problems with covering his side of the cage with a clean towel so he can get some sleep while the lights on?

thanks!

Nope, just use a dark colored towel or a sheet. Just keep it handy next to the cage.

What do you mean a third eye? Ive never seen it! lol:D

Just in case you really wanted to know it's called the pineal gland or pineal body...a sort of appendage of the brain located in the center of the "forehead" that is sensitive to radiation and light in some species.

Nope, just use a dark colored towel or a sheet. Just keep it handy next to the cage.

Carlton, why do you say dark colored? I have read that it needs to be thick enough for blackout on the inside but in the interest of venation i have several thin canvas sheets that when layered make it dark but still let some air pass between sheets. .

Carlton, why do you say dark colored? I have read that it needs to be thick enough for blackout on the inside but in the interest of venation i have several thin canvas sheets that when layered make it dark but still let some air pass between sheets. .

I just meant something that blocks most if not all of the light.

Back
Top Bottom