Lilly the parsonii passed away :(

dmaizer

Avid Member
I'm beyond devastated and in utter shock. I woke up this morning to find Lilly lifeless on the bottom of her cage. She was eating, drinking yesterday with no signs of anything wrong. I'm taking her body tomorrow to Dr Willems to do an necropsy. I'll keep everyone posted with the results. RIP beautiful

This is a picture of her a week or so ago. I'm literally heartbroken
IMG_2848.JPG

I'm incredibly sorry this happened. I'm struggling with my own male and I live in fear of this day. I'll be anxious to see the necropsy results.

I'm beyond devastated and in utter shock. I woke up this morning to find Lilly lifeless on the bottom of her cage. She was eating, drinking yesterday with no signs of anything wrong. I'm taking her body tomorrow to Dr Willems to do an necropsy. I'll keep everyone posted with the results. RIP beautiful

This is a picture of her a week or so ago. I'm literally heartbroken
View attachment 173392
She looks healthy in that picture!

This sucks. Really hate it when a cham dies. I really really hate it when a Parson passes. Very sorry for your loss. Words don't help when it comes to a Parson.

A few questions if you don't mind:

Where did you acquire her from?

You said she was 1.6 yrs old. How long did you have her?

I'm offering my help if you want it. Send me a PM if so and maybe we can troubleshoot what happened. The necropsy will be a big deal. You should keep the body in a refrigerator, not a freezer, so as to not cause any damage to the tissues you want examined.

Parson's can hide an illness sometimes. I've noticed that in the larger species over the years, that or they just can go longer with it.

Any chance of a contaminated food item? Any ant poisons get sprayed nearby? Stuff like that.

Super sorry for your loss.

This sucks. Really hate it when a cham dies. I really really hate it when a Parson passes. Very sorry for your loss. Words don't help when it comes to a Parson.

A few questions if you don't mind:

Where did you acquire her from?

You said she was 1.6 yrs old. How long did you have her?

I'm offering my help if you want it. Send me a PM if so and maybe we can troubleshoot what happened. The necropsy will be a big deal. You should keep the body in a refrigerator, not a freezer, so as to not cause any damage to the tissues you want examined.

Parson's can hide an illness sometimes. I've noticed that in the larger species over the years, that or they just can go longer with it.

Any chance of a contaminated food item? Any ant poisons get sprayed nearby? Stuff like that.

Super sorry for your loss.

Trust me I feel like I failed the community.

I got her from Action Jackson and have had her since May 4 2016.

I'll send you a pm shortly. I currently have her body in the fridge until I take her in tomorrow for a necropsy.

All my bugs are gutloaded with fresh fruits and bug buffet. No pesticides or sprays have been applied in or near the house. Not sure what could have been contaminated, all my other chameleons are ok.

Trust me I feel like I failed the community.

I got her from Action Jackson and have had her since May 4 2016.

I'll send you a pm shortly. I currently have her body in the fridge until I take her in tomorrow for a necropsy.

All my bugs are gutloaded with fresh fruits and bug buffet. No pesticides or sprays have been applied in or near the house. Not sure what could have been contaminated, all my other chameleons are ok.
Someone posted on here not too long ago about there chameleon just dropping dead one day and found our cause was lung worms. Could be anything, but that's the only thing I've herd of causing a young chameleon to randomly drop dead with no signs of sickness.

Thats sucks hardcore, im sorry for your loss. Not that it makes much of a difference, a loved pet is a loved pet no matter what the breed, but its even worse that she was a parsonii

I'm very sorry for your loss. The sliver lining to this horrible situation is that her death was probably completely unrelated to your care, and will hopefully prove to be a helpful stepping stone on the path of better understanding parsons chameleons.

I really am sorry, though. This sucks.

So sorry to hear of your loss friend. What a pretty little giant she was. I hope the days coming bring knowledge and closure. I like to hold services for my pets who pass over the years. I find it helps. Invite a few friends over and say a few kind words.

Much love and positive energy your way.

Back
Top Bottom