Little Dripper

Mama Lizzy

Bought the little dripper, but not really sure how we should put it in/on the cage? Any suggestions?

I live in Ventura County, and it is SUPER DRY in the summer. Spraying down the chameleons cage every couple of hours is getting to be too much work!

Does the Little Dripper work well? How do you drain the water from the cage?

I have mine sitting on top out side of the enclosure with both lines running to a different side of the enclosure ensuring that it grabs as many leaves as it can.

Maybe you should invest in a MistKing? I am fairly new to the chameleon world and having an automatic mister makes life so much easier lol

I have a dripper on 12 hours a day and created a drainage system to deal with excess water. My drainage system is just 6 holes drilled around the base of a potted plant. Water runs down them and into a reservoir below.

I also want to say that a dripper does not replace misting, it just gives a chameleon more access to water. If your tired of misting so much, I'd advise getting the Mistking or Aquazamp system. My Mistking works great and the spray is very fine.

Jaden

I just set my dripper on top of the enclosure, let it drip on the leaves and then set a cup at the bottom where the rest of the drops fall so that it doesn't make the paper towels at the bottom too damp, too early.

As said previously, this is not a replacement for misting, just a way for them to drink. If you don't like misting so often, understandably, it's best to get an automatic misting system. Expensive, but in the end totally worth it, I am sure.

A dripper is not a mister. Dripper is for drinking water at all times but really won't help humidity much or wet anywhere but right under the dripper. A mister adds water to leafs for drinking but also meets most of the cage to raise the humidity. I have a automatic mistking but I use a rain ring Cuz the mister nozzle would scare my 10 week old cham.

Back
Top Bottom