Looking to Build my own!

JFKazz

Hey,
I am looking at building my own cham set up. it will be going on top of my dresser. I have some questions as to what kind of supplies I should use.

Here are my question:
Type of Wood?
Type of Screen?
Inside plants?
Put stuff on the bottom?
How to set up a drain system?
What kind of lighting?

On the one I am building right now, I am using Window screen and aluminum screen frames. You can get the plastic corner pieces that make assembly of the sides very easy. Then use half inch corner brackets to attach them together. I am using 3/4 marine grade plywood for the bottom. For the screen I am going with brown fiberglass. However many have said that they prefer the aluminum mesh.

Crickets can chew right out of many materials, which is why aluminum screen is generally preferred. But it shouldn't be a problem to use another material as long as your are not overfeeding and don't leave crickets in the cage overnight (which you shouldn't do anyway since they tend to chomp on lizards when they get the chance).

i have started to build my own cage!and i have decided to go for aluminium screen mesh,iron bars welded together and after that ill treat them with a non toxic proper paint or zinc spray(not sure of this)!ill go for 25x25x60 inch with a 8 inch space where the drawer for drainage will fit !in the lower part of the cage ill weld a few iron bars that will keep my flowers and ontop ill use mesh so the water will drop in the drawer and the cham wont get in the drawer through the bars ! and i want to add wheels for the cage-just love the ideea!
for dripper ill use a couple of perfusion tubes atached to a recipient-i found them grate cose u can adjust the dripping go faster or slower as u please and i have lots of them !and for lighting ill go for 2 compacts 5.0 uvb for larger coverage and 1 basking bulb of 40-75w(i dont know the proper one yet so ill need to check the temps 1st).
i went for the iron bars cose i want a more solid cage!
well thats how i wanna do it!ill post some pics this week!

Back
Top Bottom