Loquid calcium

gman82

I had to buy loquid calcium that was all the shop had what is the best way to use it I have never used it before

First, it's liquid calcium with an "i" in it. :cool:

Second, you may have to buy a syringe (in fact, I believe you will have to buy a syringe if you want this to be effective).

Put the liquid calcium into the syringe, inject it into the fat part of a bug's body, then feed the bug to your chameleon.

Dipping them in the calcium doesn't really do much except be messy and wet (I tried that way).

Also, make sure you're using recommended calcium without phosphorous or d3 in it for every day. You'll still want calcium with d3 (powdered) twice a month I believe.

I had to buy loquid calcium that was all the shop had what is the best way to use it I have never used it before
Try Repashy Rescuecalcium+
Powder form in jar then mixes easily with water to administer with a syringe.
No sticky mess or residue
Highy reccmd this product.

it is best to inject it into a feeder like was already said.. I have found this to be the easiest way of delivering it to the cham

Is a way to drop it on the chams
They have to ingest it. Drink it or eat it.
You can not just put it on their skin.
Also when you do give it with a syringe or eyedropper.
PLEASE be careful to only put a drop or two on the tongue at a time.
You can get it in their lungs and kill them if you force a lot of liquid at once in their mouth all at once.
Can I ask WHY you are administering liquid calcium?
Usually this is only done on the advice of a vet for an animal with MBD or calcium absorption issue.

With a syringe I just put it in my cham's mouth. But injecting in the bug is maybe a better idea
No needles no injections!!
Please easier to simply feed your crickets or other feeders healthy greens such as kale, carrots and the like. This is called gut loading your feeders. They eat it and then the cham eats them
No need to feed liquid calcium by mouth to a healthy chameleon. Just make sure your animal gets insects that have eaten healthy veg

No needles no injections!!
Please easier to simply feed your crickets or other feeders healthy greens such as kale, carrots and the like. This is called gut loading your feeders. They eat it and then the cham eats them
No need to feed liquid calcium by mouth to a healthy chameleon. Just make sure your animal gets insects that have eaten healthy veg

I gutload my crix and every feeder. I thought the thread was about a sick cham and needs extra-extra calcium. I know normally they don't need it like this!

How much calcium would you need to inject into the locust? I have a baby female veiled she's around 6 month old and I'm worried about her having problems with her eggs.... she eats gut loaded locusts and calci worms but she often refuses to eat calci dusted insects... she eats veg and I've got a tank for my locusts so there well looked after also

Back
Top Bottom