Making Screen look attractive

Ilikepie9999

I recently purchased a 2'x2'x4' screen cage from DIY
I see a lot of screen cages on here that I know work great for the chameleon but they just don't look good. What are some things that I can do to pretty up a screen cage and still be the right thing to do for the cham?

My advice is to use a mixture of real plants and fake foliage to create a lot of cover and sort of wrap around the outside of the enclosure. Plants are just pretty and I even use some fake flowers from the dollar store in there to give some colour and brighten it up!

What is your ideal aesthetic? We might be able to give you ideas or tips but we'd need to know what you consider pretty lol.

Like, in my case, I wanted to go a bit minimalistic with my last screen cages so I went with horizontal, natural branches, and a few, live plants that would eventually fill in: My cages I've played around with adding orchids and other bromeliads, and that definitely adds some color.

I currently have an Exo-Terra enclosure and I love the way that it looks and almost blends into the room. but I needed a much much taller enclosure so I went to screen. And a white screen with a potted plant sitting in it I feel would be kind of an eyesore. What can I do to I guess make it blend in and hide some of the mechanics of having a live plant enclosure.

I currently have an Exo-Terra enclosure and I love the way that it looks and almost blends into the room. but I needed a much much taller enclosure so I went to screen. And a white screen with a potted plant sitting in it I feel would be kind of an eyesore. What can I do to I guess make it blend in and hide some of the mechanics of having a live plant enclosure.

IMHO, the cage setup with its focused lighting is going to be pretty obvious in most rooms so you aren't going to be able to "hide" it very much. So, embrace it! I sort of agree with the "minimalist" approach as the various mechanics are interesting and provoke questions from anyone who sees it. It can look efficient and well organized as well as intriguing. However, to blend it in more you could clump some live potted plants around the cage frame (in addition to filling the cage with more than one) to make a sort of indoor garden. Drape the frame with fake vines. What about painting the cage frame a color that works in the room? Making a decorative wood trim for the frame? Using a more appealing watt-compatible fixture for the basking bulb (most of us don't need a very high watt bulb anyway)? I've used those decorative lamps that look like theatrical lighting and they look great! If you don't like the white screen you could spray paint it with child safe acrylic. To make the lighting a little less obtrusive I like using a good quality aquarium hood instead of a cheaper shop fixture for the florescents, and the hood also makes it easier to hide the basking spot fixture. You can build a simple wood screen for the lighting stuff and attach it across the front/sides of the cage top.

Back
Top Bottom