Male veiled chameleon enclosure

EarlMT

What are good plants that take up a decent amount of room by setting them on the floor? I have a 24x24x48 inch screened enclosure. Thanks! (Don't mind the Christmas present I got before the chameleon got tu my house lol)
20161228_174043.jpg

No matter what you read, Christmas chameleons... Chameleo Holidaytus... do eat vegetation, so no mistletoe. Good plant choice with adequate lighting would be schefflera aboricola or maybe ficus benjamina. Both offer strong branches for climbing and enough leaves to hold water droplets after misting.

No matter what you read, Christmas chameleons... Chameleo Holidaytus... do eat vegetation, so no mistletoe. Good plant choice with adequate lighting would be schefflera aboricola or maybe ficus benjamina. Both offer strong branches for climbing and enough leaves to hold water droplets after misting.
How big do those get? Would I need to worry about them growing to large for the enclosure?

How long would it take for a pathos to grow large enough to offer a bunch of foilage?

If you got one that is a good size to start out you can loosely wrap the branches around the vines to get quick results. Again, with proper lighting they should grow pretty rapidly.

If you got one that is a good size to start out you can loosely wrap the branches around the vines to get quick results. Again, with proper lighting they should grow pretty rapidly.
I was told a 5000k light would work ok to grow them, would that work? Or should I get a 6500k? Just to trying to spend less than a jungledawn led :)

I have 3 medium pothos staggered in my baby panthers cage, one at the very top left , one at the right rear and one a little lower on the middle left

If you look in the blog at dragon strand cages he shows you how to mount plants using his dragon ledges, I just used the principles and used branches instead, you want to secure branches to the frame of the cage either with zip ties or screwing them together, then your basically making triangles with branches and placing the pot inside it, it will have 3 places for you to secure the pot to for a sturdy mount. I'm just using a standard uv and a basking light but I ordered a light your reptiles h.o light set up which will come with brighter lights and a plant grow light, the plant grow lights work amazing in my veileds enclosure

Back
Top Bottom