male veiled chameleon

freshrod

Baby male veiled chameleon is a 24x24x48 cage to big I just brought one for $75 from my friend couldn't pass it up

what would be a good size cage then i was thinking of putting him in a 10 gal for about 3months then moving him into the bigger cage

Howdy Freshrod,

Is "Cali" short for California? If so then what part? I may have a short-term loaner enclosure available for pick-up :)

One serious problem is that your new animal will
be unable to locate enough food in too large of a cage
Either you load the cage with so many prey items that they either
can't focus on a single one long enough to properly shoot at it
or in the middle of the night... "The hunter becomes the hunted".
Turning The chameleon into fresh cricket food by a horde of hungry little chirpers.

You'll be much better off keeping it in a small aquarium
or even a large 10 gallon bucket for awhile
so that the amount of prey is balanced with his ability to eat them.

I Live in California a City call El Monte
Howdy,

If you find yourself stuck without a baby-sized screen enclosure, I could loan you one. Send me a "Private Message" through this forum and we can line-up things if you want. I've even got a little time today :rolleyes:. Weeknights and weekends all have possibilities.

Oh, by the way, since you are not a zillion miles away, some of us will be at our "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" group meeting this Thursday night near the 405 fwy and Artesia Blvd. around 7:30pm -9:30pm. :). Interested keepers can email [email protected] for an invite and directions for this meeting and future ones. We don't expect a big crowd. Head count is usually in the single digits :eek:.

Thanks for all the info. I justs purchase a 16x16x30 cage he's already eating and drinking.Weldon thanks well this week not good for me been working some long hours getting ready for inventory at work.

In a larger cage, if you have a designated feeding bowl, he can expect some of his vittles daily in this area. Then you can expand his feeding area as he grows.
Just a suggestion,
~~G

Mr. Weldon is a Sweetie............

Mr. Weldon....................you are a real Sweetie. I just have to tell you that after your offer to help out with an appropiate sized cage. Freshrod.........go to the group meeting Dave suggested at some other point in time if you can. It would be very beneficial to meet others in your area with the same interest in chams. You are fortunate to be so close to knowlegable keepers like Dave :)

Dave, you are cool! :)
Do you by any chance have 24 24 48 cage that you are not using (and can sell it to me cheap) :p.. my 4.5 months old chameleon have experienced a growth spurt.
I can sense he's starting to hate his tiny cage... although he can still move around without bumping the screen.. he keep his brown color the whole day yesterday.. I am thinking of buying a cage asap..

Howdy,

If you find yourself stuck without a baby-sized screen enclosure, I could loan you one. Send me a "Private Message" through this forum and we can line-up things if you want. I've even got a little time today :rolleyes:. Weeknights and weekends all have possibilities.

Oh, by the way, since you are not a zillion miles away, some of us will be at our "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" group meeting this Thursday night near the 405 fwy and Artesia Blvd. around 7:30pm -9:30pm. :). Interested keepers can email [email protected] for an invite and directions for this meeting and future ones. We don't expect a big crowd. Head count is usually in the single digits :eek:.

He escaped i went to work now he's not in his cage. I don't understand how he got out I just put him into a 16x16x30 cage.Where do i look first?HELP!!!

He escaped i went to work now he's not in his cage. I don't understand how he got out I just put him into a 16x16x30 cage.Where do i look first?HELP!!!

for sure some high places above eye level.
Chameleon finds comfort and safety above.
are you sure he's not in the cage? chameleons hide quite well y'know.

Are you sure?

Are you sure he is not in there? Did you find an open door or break in the screen? They can be hard to find in the foliage. I have had a few that I thought got out but they were just hidden really well. If he did get out look higher rather than lower. They like to climb. Imagine how and where you would have gone after getting out. They can climb cords, furniture, etc. He will want to hide and be high............

Back
Top Bottom