Meet Chemilio

I wanted to provide an update for anyone who has seen my previous posts. It's been almost 2 months now, so I figured I'd share some of the journey.
But first... pictures!

IMG_1125.jpg
IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg

As for the journey, I think things have gone pretty smoothly so far. The craziest day was when I lost power for 2 hours, but Chemilio didn’t seem to mind. He went to his usual sleeping spot, waited it out, and came out when the power was back on, acting like nothing happened.

He's still doing a bit of screen climbing, but it’s almost like clockwork. He does it every day right before I put the dripper in, and then he just lays under it for a bit before going back to exploring.

My biggest challenge is coming up in a few weeks when I go on vacation. I'm getting everything set up to make it super easy for the babysitter, but I know the crickets are going to be tricky. I'm working on cup solutions for each day I'm gone, so all they'll have to do is add gutload the day before, powder them on the day, and feed Chemilio—but I’m still a bit nervous.

I love my little dude, but he doesn’t like me... yet. I’m working on it. I try to win him over a little each day by holding a few BSFL (Black Soldier Fly Larvae) in my hand and letting him grab them. Each day, I pull my hand back a bit more, and lately, I've been trying to get him to climb on my arm to reach them. No luck yet, but I’m seeing progress.

Chameleon Info:​

• Your Chameleon - Chemilio. Panther Chameleon. Male Ambilobe. Hatched Jan 2024. Purchased from Kammerflage.
  • Feeding -
  • Supplements -
  • Fecal Description - Poop Pic incoming, ill try to get a more fresh one tomorrow but generally always look like this
IMG_1160.jpg

• Daily Schedule -
    • 1:00AM
      • Fogger starts if the top sensor is under 68.
    • 5:00 AM
      • Fogger stops
    • 8:00 AM
      • Fans turn on
    • 9:00 AM
      • UVB and plant lights turn on
      • Heat lamp starts warming up
    • 9:30 AM
      • Basking spot at 80 degrees, maintains 80 all day with the herpstat.
    • 2:00 PM
      • Add dripper to the enclosure
    • 6:00 PM
      • Heat lamp turns off.
    • 8:45 PM
      • Mist for 4 minutes
    • 9:00 PM
      • UVB and plant lights turn off
    • 10:00 PM
      • Fans turn off
    • 11:00 PM
      • Mist for 2 minute

I wanted to provide an update for anyone who has seen my previous posts. It's been almost 2 months now, so I figured I'd share some of the journey.
But first... pictures!

View attachment 358117View attachment 358118
View attachment 358119View attachment 358120View attachment 358121
As for the journey, I think things have gone pretty smoothly so far. The craziest day was when I lost power for 2 hours, but Chemilio didn’t seem to mind. He went to his usual sleeping spot, waited it out, and came out when the power was back on, acting like nothing happened.

He's still doing a bit of screen climbing, but it’s almost like clockwork. He does it every day right before I put the dripper in, and then he just lays under it for a bit before going back to exploring.

My biggest challenge is coming up in a few weeks when I go on vacation. I'm getting everything set up to make it super easy for the babysitter, but I know the crickets are going to be tricky. I'm working on cup solutions for each day I'm gone, so all they'll have to do is add gutload the day before, powder them on the day, and feed Chemilio—but I’m still a bit nervous.

I love my little dude, but he doesn’t like me... yet. I’m working on it. I try to win him over a little each day by holding a few BSFL (Black Soldier Fly Larvae) in my hand and letting him grab them. Each day, I pull my hand back a bit more, and lately, I've been trying to get him to climb on my arm to reach them. No luck yet, but I’m seeing progress.

Chameleon Info:​

• Your Chameleon - Chemilio. Panther Chameleon. Male Ambilobe. Hatched Jan 2024. Purchased from Kammerflage.
  • Feeding -
  • Supplements -
  • Fecal Description - Poop Pic incoming, ill try to get a more fresh one tomorrow but generally always look like this
View attachment 358122
  • Daily Schedule -
    • 1:00AM
      • Fogger starts if the top sensor is under 68.
    • 5:00 AM
      • Fogger stops
    • 8:00 AM
      • Fans turn on
    • 9:00 AM
      • UVB and plant lights turn on
      • Heat lamp starts warming up
    • 9:30 AM
      • Basking spot at 80 degrees, maintains 80 all day with the herpstat.
    • 2:00 PM
      • Add dripper to the enclosure
    • 6:00 PM
      • Heat lamp turns off.
    • 8:45 PM
      • Mist for 4 minutes
    • 9:00 PM
      • UVB and plant lights turn off
    • 10:00 PM
      • Fans turn off
    • 11:00 PM
      • Mist for 2 minute
That's some healthy looking urate! He's adorable! Welcome to the cham fam! The thing I have found through almost a year of ups and downs is: you're going to worry about them. They are stressful and wonderful little creatures. And as long as you're wondering "Am I doing this right?", and seeking out info and trouble shooting, then you're leaps and bounds ahead of the other new cham keepers who are "sure" they know what they are doing. I have found each season brings new challenges; temps too low, humidity too high and having to pivot and adjust. My basking spot is a little higher than this. It sits around 85, but otherwise nothing to note. I have to say, you're WAY ahead of where I was when I started, and looks like you're doing great! Welcome and thanks for sharing your beautiful guy. 😍

Back
Top Bottom